1. To create a program on FamilyID, log in to your organization account and select the ‘PROGRAMS’ tab at the top of the page.
2. Select the green ‘CREATE A NEW PROGRAM’ button to start the process.
3. The new program wizard has eight steps. The first step is the (1) ‘Description’ tab where you will fill in some general information about your program.
Note: Always choose the ‘SAVE’ or ‘SAVE AND CONTINUE’ button at the bottom of each step to save your progress. SIMPLY CLICKING THROUGH THE TABS WILL NOT SAVE YOUR INFORMATION.
4. After selecting ‘SAVE AND CONTINUE’ you will be brought to the second tab where you can create your sports or sections for registration. Choose “CREATE NEW SECTION', input the required fields, and select the green ‘SAVE’ button to save your information.
5. At this step, you are able to create add-ons, which are optional fields. Add-ons are typically used for payment adjustments and these apply for the entire program. (for example, reduced lunch, an administrative fee, fee discount or a family price cap)
6. The next step is the (4) 'Participant' tab, where you will choose which fields are needed in your registration form. Select the fields which you want to display on your registration form, then determine those that are required by checking on the Required checkbox.
If there are additional fields that you need and are not listed here, you have the ability to create your own custom fields. Click a ‘+’ sign associated with the field grouping to add a custom field.
When done, click 'SAVE' or ‘SAVE AND CONTINUE’ at the bottom of the page.
7. From the (5) 'Agreement/Policies' tab you may create agreements that must be signed to participate in the program. Users can electronically sign ‘agreements’ to confirm their permission or approval. Policies are created for families/registrants to view prior to completing registration.
8. On the (6) ‘Payment’ tab you can choose which payment methods you would like to offer. You have the ability to offer FamilyID/PayPal or Other Method payments (such as cash, check or an online payment through your own provider). Choose 'CREATE NEW PAYMENT METHOD' and input your method.
NOTE: Refund Instructions - If your program has any fees associated with it, please include information on how to request for refund.
9. The eighth and final step is publishing your program.
Under DISPLAY ON FAMILYID, select 'Public' to make it seen by anyone on FamilyID or 'Private' so no one is able to view it.
Under OPEN REGISTRATION one can set to this to 'Open' or 'Closed'. 'Open' = anyone can register for the program. 'Closed'= this program will not allow for registrations.
You can set the dates in advance for both the DISPLAY ON FAMILYID Private/Public and OPEN REGISTRATION Open/Closed. Review your program. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'APPROVE AND SAVE' button to finish creating your program.
NOTE: If you set the DISPLAY = PRIVATE and OPEN REGISTRATION = OPEN, you can give the direct link for someone to register without opening up the entire program.